Cannot add Mission Items on map

Home Forums Tech Support Cannot add Mission Items on map

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Bill B
      Keymaster

In MAV Pilot 1.1 you need to have a valid Home position reported from the vehicle before planning a mission. The workaround if one is not downloaded when you refresh the mission is to ARM the copter/plane, this creates the Home mission item. You can then add more mission items on the map.

This will be fixed in MAV Pilot 1.2 release.

Anonymous
      Inactive

This still seems to affect MAV Pilot 1.3. The only way I can add a waypoint on the Map tab when my Solo is inside (and therefore can’t get a GPS fix) is to first manually arm the drone to force it to set a home position.

Bill B
      Keymaster

Thanks for the report. I’ll look at adding a fix to that behaviour whenf no HOME point is reported by the autopilot. I can add you to the beta list so you get to test the sooner. I can use the email address you signed up to this form with with if you like?

One question would be, what should I default the home location to? I could either set it to 0,0 or report it as your current location? What would be your preference?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Definitely not 0,0. I can imagine that there’s already an entire graveyard of drones at the bottom of the ocean off the west coast of Africa. The current location of my phone would be better. It would also be good if you could add some explanatory text to the Mission tab. I went there to try to set up a mission, not realising that I had to first add the waypoints on the Map tab. Some text along the lines of “Mission waypoints added on the Map tab will be listed here. Long-press on the Map screen to drop a waypoint”. When I’ve then added a waypoint, this text would disappear on the Mission tab and be replaced with the list of waypoints.

Yep, getting on the beta list would be great. That email address is fine.

Thanks!

Bill B
        Keymaster

Ok, thanks, I’ve added you to the beta, and I will try and get this fixed soon.

eric.sheehan
      Participant

I put up a brief tutorial if it helps.

Bill B
        Keymaster

Thanks, that looks great 🙂

eric.sheehan
      Participant

Bill,
      I’ll be testing your recent release this weekend, thanks, keep up the great work.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.