Home › Forums › Tech Support › Are there a step by step setting for using ESP8266?
- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 1 month ago by povlhp2.
February 22, 2016 at 8:39 am #512
I am a new guy here but actually I had look into this site many times ago. Finally I had purchased the mode from DX to kick off my first step. But I wonder if there is a post or guideline, which can help me step by step to install the ESP8266.
Firstly I had done below:
1. Purchase the ESP07 from DX http://www.dx.com/p/esp-07-esp8266-serial-wi-f-wireless-module-w-built-in-antenna-compatible-with-3-3v-5v-for-arduino-400559#.Vss4zoRytvN
2. Download the firmware from the forum http://www.communistech.com/files/esp8266/firmware-1.0.0.bin
3. Flash the firmware to the ESP07, and I can see a SSID PIXRACER
4. Looks like I need to config the BAUD? Not sure what should do
5. Please advice….. Thanks!
February 22, 2016 at 9:33 pm #513Bill BKeymaster
You need to set the baud rate of the autopilot see http://www.communistech.com/forums/topic/new-wifi-bridge/#post-473
I assume you are using ardupilot on Pixhawk?
February 22, 2016 at 10:44 pm #514
Yes, I am using APM and PIXhawk. I am now using 3DR telemetry connect between the air and ground, and using a Android phone (Tower) as the GCS when I am outside. But once this solution works I can move the GCS to my iPhone, that will be great for a Apple fans ^_^ .
I have few questions before I step to next tonight.
– What is the password of the wifi? I try search google and some post said its “pixracer”, how to change it? I remember you mention this firmware doesn’t support http-command, only support AT command?
– If change the air side telemetry, do I need to change the ground side as well?
February 24, 2016 at 12:59 am #515
I try yesterday, and looks like it doesn’t connect. I don’t know why. Any way to monitor the connect status?
April 3, 2016 at 12:39 pm #542povlhp2Participant
I have a setup, with ESP-Link firmware on an ESP-01.
Power is UBEC -> 3DR Air radio, + power to a small adjustable $0.50 switching voltage regulator (also have LM3117-3.3V, but decided to use switching), which deliver 3.3V to ESP-01. Then a 1k resistor from 5V to EN_CH. To protect the input, I use a 1N4002 diode inline from TX of 3DR radio -> ESP-01, should drop voltage around 1.0V. Still not 3V, but should be fine.
Have it running with Mission Planner Windows, Tower on Android, and this software on my iPhone.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.